Rewards of Owning and Loving a Dog

8:13 AM

Our family is an animal lover. I remember having several dogs in our backyard more than 10 years ago. However, I never really owned one until the last week of May 2013. My husband gave me a beagle and we named her Peach. After two months, we bought a Siberian Husky and named him Dixie. Back then, I thought caring a dog was just a "feed and wash" routine. I've never expected that owning a dog is one of the most rewarding thing ever. 

Here are my reasons why owning and loving a dog is priceless. (In no particular order):

1. Unbelievable Loyalty
They're always happy to see you. They give immeasurable love and affection. Cheerfully greets you good morning every single day, with a free lick on your hands or face. It feels like they have a commitment with you and will never leave you no matter what.

2. Perfect Jogging / Walking Buddy
Consistently excited for jogs / walks. Helps us to lead a fuller, longer, and healthier life. Personally, I'm not a fan of jogging and walking, it's just not my thing. For me, it's a waste of time and so tiring. I don't have an active lifestyle, plain and simple. Until my two sweet furry creatures came.

3. Constant Source of Entertainment 
Your 24/7 playmate. Amusement all day, everyday. It's like they have the whole energy of the Earth. I am convinced about this quote that "If dogs could talk, it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one." ~Andy Rooney 

4. The Ultimate Stress Reliever
They are smart enough to know if you're having a terrible day. They strongly sense it and will surely do things that will make you smile and feel good again. When you feel sad, your dog will immediately pick up on this and adjust his behavior accordingly. You are the center of his entire world, so sensing your feelings of sadness will have an effect on him too. 

5. A Very Good Teacher!
They can effectively teach you to:
  • love unconditionally :x
  • be more responsible
  • be a cleaning expert (to all dog lovers, right?! right!)
  • live fully like there's no tomorrow
  • cherish every moment in life @};-
  • be trustworthy
  • be trainable
  • certainly protect and defend your loved ones
  • be persistent with your dreams (toys and food for them) :D/
and many more...

So why not own a dog today? Remember that "No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." -Louis Sabin :)


For all the dog owners out there, I challenge you to share 5 words to describe your furry friend. (I know it will be easy! ;)))
Here's mine!
Dixie (Husky)
1. Hyperactive
2. Clever
3. Determined
4. Stubborn
5. Captivating
Peach (Beagle)
1. Sweet
2. Jealous
3. Greedy
4. Persistent
5. Dominant





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pageviews last month

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *