Sibling Rivalry to Reconciliatory

2:45 PM

I have 2 siblings, an older sister and a younger brother. There is a huge age gap I must say; I am 7 years younger than my sister and 7 years older than my brother. 

My sister was very strict when we were younger. For instance, while our parents were away, she will then start shouting at me and commanding me to clean the house while she sits on the sofa and watch TV. What hurts me the most was when my sister took all the credit for the "cleaned house" when my parents come home. Yes, it sucks. I strongly disliked her that time and I wanted to grow up fast in order to defend myself with her. She was my enemy! 


Years have passed, my younger brother was born. I thought that my sister would do the same with him. However, I was wrong! They both got along very well and I was left alone in the "corner". As a child, I thought that it would be normal if I would punish my brother as what my sister did to me. Yes, I did the same. Whenever our older sister and parents were not home, I felt like the happiest kid because I finally get the chance to do my evil plans with my brother. I would start fighting with him like a ninja. We fought physically, mentally and emotionally. I was so hurt back then thinking that all of them get along while I felt isolated from the family.  


When my sister became a mother, that's the time we started to get along. I helped her by taking care of her son. We managed to talk, laugh and just have a good time. I didn't forget what happened in the past, but she is my sister and nothing will ever change that. I forgave her. (Maybe until now she hasn't realize the pain that she caused me. Don't worry, ate. I still love you!)


Well, my fight with my brother didn't end there. I was a high school student while my brother was in his grade school. Yes, we were still immature so we tend to fight over small things. But when I attended college and he reached high school, that's the time when our fight was lessened. 

Until I got married and moved out. I believe that's the turning point for us; maybe we missed each other so whenever we meet, we just talk about the enjoyable things such as "life". I guess we became mature! Amen!

I realized that all things needed time. You're baking a cake? It needs time to set. You're looking for a job? It needs time to get hired. You're starting a car? It needs time to heat up the engine. You're planting? It needs time to grow. You're mourning, you need time to heal. You're broken hearted? You need time to move on.  Just like people, we need time to be matured. Nothing comes in an instance. All things happen for a reason and all things are meant to happen in God's perfect timing.


By the way, Happy 19th Birthday to my brother, JP! I love you and I hope that all of your dreams will come true. Have a blast and enjoy your day!

For parents, let me just share this post I found on the internet: How to Deal With Sibling Rivalry Effectively 

Do you have a "sibling story" that you would like to share? Feel free to comment below. Share your thoughts about this post. Stay blessed!

Enter your email address here to get 
the hottest blog updates!


You may also follow my Facebook and Twitter. See you!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pageviews last month

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *