Words that parents love hearing from you

4:02 PM

Dad, Mom, Daddy, Mommy, Papa, Mama, Pa, Ma, Nay, Tay, Ina, Ama, etc... We've got different "names" to call our parents yet it's a heartbeat for them every time we say it. 
"Our parents deserve our honor and respect for giving us "life". Beyond this, they always made countless sacrifices as they cared and nurtured us through our infancy and childhood. They also provided us with the necessities of life and nursed us through physical illnesses and the emotional stresses of growing up." -Ezra Taft Benson
Let's put ourselves in our parents' shoes. It's nice hearing the words "Thank you, Dad and Mom!" However, I think it's more heartwarming if we thank them more specifically. For example, after their long and tiring day, they deserve this phrase instead, "Thanks for our flavorful dinner, Dad/Mom! The best cooking in the world!" It may sound scripted for some, but nevertheless, our parents really love communicating with us. Even with the smallest things.

This is my open letter for my parents and I am excited to acknowledge all the things that they've done for me. 

Dear Dad and Mom, thank you for giving me the chance to live and see this wonderful world. Thank you because you fed, housed, and clothed me. I am beyond grateful to be part of our family.

Dear Dad and Mom, thank you for taking good care of me when I was younger. Your touch made me feel better whenever I feel sick (headache, stomachache, etc.) I believe in the saying that "The best medicine in the world is a mother's hug."

Dear Dad and Mom, hearing your voice makes me feel comfortable and everything seems safe. I can still remember your kisses that made me fall asleep when I was a baby. 

Dear Dad, growing up I know that I'm getting hard-headed like every kid out there but you kept your calmness and didn't hit us, not even once. You managed to discipline us without your hands, your stern voice makes a difference!

Dear Mom, your strictness gave me a headache! (not so kidding, LOL) In spite of that, you showed us that you are a tough mom even though I know you're hurting at times. 

Dear Dad and Mom, thank you for giving me a chance to study and finished college. We are not plentiful but both of you are generous enough to help other people.

Dear Dad and Mom, thank you because you didn't spoil us. You provided the necessary things and didn't fall for "crazy child tantrums".

Dear Dad and Mom, thank you for protecting us always. Thank you for unfailingly being there when things go wrong. Thank you for comforting us knowing that you needed comfort as well. 

Dear Dad and Mom, thank you for not giving up on us. Thank you for the sacrifices that you made. Our family has its flaws too, that being said, both of you kept strong and stayed together.

Dear Dad and Mom, I want to apologize for all the disappointments and pain that I've caused you. I am sorry if I didn't become the daughter that you wished me to be. Yet, you still chose to love me unconditionally. 


Dear Dad and Mom, I am sorry if I'm too shy to express how much "I love you"... Deep down in my heart, I love the both of you very much. Without the inspiration, drive and support you gave me, I might not be the person I am today. 





THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING AND I LOVE YOU ALWAYS. 
 "Love your parents. We are so busy growing up, we often forget they are also growing old."
At the end of the day, every word, facial expression, gesture, or action on our part gives them some message. Let's realize what messages we are sending.
Remember to Dream, Sparkle, and Shine!
Enter your email address here to get 
the hottest blog updates!


You may also follow 
my Facebook and Twitter.  
See you!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pageviews last month

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *